Friday, December 26, 2008

My dearest friend Kenny Kassel, passes away

Earlier this week, I received news that my dearest friend Kenny Kassel, had passed away. It is only now that I had enough strength to really put my thoughs into words. For many of you in the Bodybuilding and fitness world , we all know that Kenny Kassel has been a major contributer to our sport for over 40 years. He was the "jack of all traits" starting his career as a gym owner and promoter, and continued on a talent manager, (including actors such as Don the Dragon Wilson), and also was an NPC/IFBB official, and announcer. I think many can relate, as I sit here and ask myself " How I can't even imagine a show without Kenny!"
Kenny was the most honest, dependable and giving person and friend I know. He was known for his postive attitude, and abundance of knowledge and with that, helped many women in the industry by guiding them in the right direction and making sure they fell in line with the right people. I can honestly say , that Kenny was one of the first people I would turn to when needing professional advise in the industry. I always felt safe around Kenny knowing that he would always steer me right. We had so much fun at many of the various shows. Even more so, I enjoyed visiting him at his home in New Jersey when I was down visiting either for business or for a much needed vacation. Kenny would love to hang up, as we would sit and talk while grabing a healthy meal at "whole foods", one of Kenny's favourite places to shop.
It is very hard right now..and part of me feels so empty. I sit and look at this photo and remember how joyful and pleasant Kenny always was.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family whom I know personally, his mother Mimi and Carol who are wonderful people.
I miss you Kenny! This is so hard! I guess it's a part of life , one that we all have to deal with at one time or another.
God Bless
P.S. This is a photo of me and Kenny at the Olympia in 2007

No comments: